Tuesday, December 25, 2007

MALIGAYANG PASKO ( Merry Christmas)

December 24

Its my first year celebrating christmas without my family and away from them. Its hard but i guess its much better to be here earning more.. compared to being with them but just with meager earnings. I miss the hamon, the suman, keso de bola, bibingka, etc during the noche buena, I miss the colorful parol which come in all shapes and sizes, I miss the kids doing carolings and asking for some coins, I miss the joyful crowd during simbang gabi, I miss the familiar faces in our neighborhood, I just miss christmas in my hometown.. actually I do prefer to celebrate christmas in our province than in manila. I cant pinpoint it but I keep coming back.

Here in Kuwait.. Christmas day is just like any ordinary day.. we have work. We talk about what to do on christmas day several weeks before but it didnt materialized. Bespiras day comes yet still we dont have any plans. Anthony suggest we just eat somewhere.. he got duty until 10pm and I'm off at 8pm. We decided to celebrate it at FRIDAYS.


We meet around 10:30, it was tuesday but still the resto was jammedpacked. Julius arrived late because he went to another party prior to that. Janel for some unknown reason didnt come. We didnt orderedn that much because were not that hungry.







December 25-Christmas Day
I woke up early coz I have 9am duty, there's to many customers and I'd try not to frown because its christmas..hehe! I arrived home at around 9pm because we finished all our pending transactions. I almost forgot to call at home.. I hurriedly walk to the nearest bakala (store) to buy a call card. I bought 2 cards, 1 for the Philippines and 1 for my sister in dubai.
I had hard time to connect but thank God I did, Its already 3am in Manila and my mother answered, I also talk with my father. I told them I'll call again soon. Then I called Maita, she is in Dubai also working there. Nice talking with her. We talk for almost 15minutes much longer than I talk with my mom and dad coz dubai is just near.
Anthony invited me to a dinner at a nearby chinese resto, we didnt stayed longer because he still got duty at the airport at 6am so we say it a night....
Christmas finished...

No comments: