Sunday, April 27, 2008

The EYE- a horror story



I'm watching Jessica Alba's "The EYE" watched the original version several years ago. I thinnk the asian version are much scarier.. nothing beats the original. After watching the movie, I remember my own experience about ghost.. and I believe in them.


It happen 10 years ago... got lots of horror experience but this one was the worst!


The year was 1998 and I was in my sophomore year in college. After almost 2 years living in the heart of Manila renting small room, my parents decided to rent our own apartment in suburban Quezon City. It was a 2 floor apartment in a peaceful compound. My estranged aunt(if there something like it) live together with her only son below while we rent the 2nd floor. During that time, I was so excited since I have my own space.. no noisy boardmates.. no loud music from some jerk on the other room.. it was completely the opposite...


My parents live in the province some 5 hour drive from Manila and Im only the one living in the city that time.. My sister decided to temporarily drop from college while my younger brother was still in his high school. I transfer there June 1998.


My first day, I cleaned the whole apartment and I found some things which the previous resident probably left on purpose.. I throw all that and at the end of the day.. I was really satisfied and I love the silence, though I sometimes missed the whole boarding house things.. crazy colleges guys like me, pretty girls are everywhere, crazy stupid random things. But I still prefer the new found silence from my new home.. what I did'nt know was.. what the silence brings.


The house was squeeky clean and after almost a day of brushing, nailing etc. I went to a nearby mall(SM North Edsa) to buy some home items. I arrived late and I go to my room. I still dont have TV then since I just moved out, I just have was my aunt stereo. I was happy living alone in the new apartment..... but not for long!!


After studying and preparing my codigo (cheaters knows this haha!) I already go to bed around 11pm since I have 7am class the following morning. I sleep contented.


12am... the horror starts....


............ In the middle of the night, around 12midnight, I woke up from some sort of noise.. for few minutes I cant fully comprehend what it was.. I thought it was a neighboor who snore so loud, then when I was fully awake... Then the horror starts..


the noise was coming from the other room just beside my room.. it was a deep breathing noise coming from an elderly man.. like he's having an asthma attack or more exactly the sound of a dying man.. How about that for the first night in your dream apartment? I just cant move a single muscle in my body.. not even blink. I was afraid to move.


I tried to think that what I was hearing was not true.. but the painful noise from the other room did'nt stop. I ruled out the possibilty of my neighboor snoring since the noise comes directly from the other room as if somebody was there.. Oh God! Inever prayed that hard in my life haha! My ordeal stops when the noise ceased.. after probably full 10-15 minutes.. I think that was the longest time of my life.. then i fall asleep. If I remember it right, think I flunk the exam the next morning.


I did'nt tell anybody about it coz I thought it will be the first and last.. but I was wrong! My second night was just my typical night.. I eat, read my anatomy book.. Grey's Anatomy (just a trivia- the title of that famous show was taken from this book) listen to my favorite Fm station and sleep. I did'nt turn off the radio on purpose. And like an alarm clock.. my new board mate woke me up in the middle of the night.. the compound was dead sleep and not an insect buzz in the air.. just the noise on the other room. Again I was immobile as a stone, I cant hardly breathe. I am helpless but I cant do anything but listen to that awful noise. I didnt remember but I was able to sleep.


The following morning, I talk with my aunt about what had happened. She said sorry, but she intentionally didnt tell me what was the history of that apartment. The previous residents -a family composed of two sisters and their old father who are relatives of the owner of the compound. The old man dies on that same apartment.. on that hunted room just a month before I transfer... as if all my hairs on my body all stands on ends upon hearing her story. She told me that I can sleep on with them downstairs if I want.. But i did'nt.


I still sleep on my room. Then it happen again... and again and again.. I think it bugs me for almost a week, it just ended when my uncle gave some kind of ritual.. I lit up a candle on the 4 corner of the room, circle some salt around the candles and pray the Lord's Prayer for several times... actually it really took effects. The same night.. the noise was gone! What was funny was on the 3rd or 4th night the ghost bugs me.. I was not afraid anymore and actually I am more angry than scared.. One funny thing was, I ask the ghost to stop from bugging me and let me sleep alone, I'm really pissed off and I stand up and walk towards the hunted room.. I want to kick the door open and kick the hell out of that nuisance ghost but........ I decided not to haha! I just turn around and go backs to my room and sleep. After that ritual.. the ghost did'nt bother me again.


I live happily ever after..








No comments: