Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another Unique Recipe

Yesterday, Joyce called me up and we chat for some time.. then she said she will come for lunch. I panicked since I dont have that much stock, I still dont have time to go to the grocery.After she hanged-up, I run towards the kitchen and I checked the fridge. My fridge looks really sad.. it needs to be replenish haha! At least I found something.. A pair of potatoes and carrots.. Thank God!It looks promising!

I'm the king of cooking innovation.. I never have doubts about it. But still I cannot figure out what I'll do with the carrots and pototoes. I check the freezer and get the shrimp and the ever famous hotdog. Now, I have something in mind.




Veggie Recipe

Ingredients

tons of garlic
chopped onions
bell pepper(green, yellow, red whatever)
2 pcs medium size potatoes
1 carrot
lots of shrimps
hotdogs 2-3 pcs
celery
oyster sauce
tomato sauce
mustard sauce
butter
chicken stock

1) put the shrimp in a bowl, add vinegar and leave it for a while (it will remove the unpleasant after taste of the shrimp)
2) sautee the garlic and onion, I add up a spoon of butter.
3) drain the shrimp and add to the sautee while the onion and garlic is not yet brown. quikly follow the sliced hotdogs.
4) Make sure that the garlic will not be over fried since it will ruin your dish, after 2-3 minutes put 1 cup of water.
5) Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer.
6) Add 3 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1 tbsp of mustard and 4-3 tbsp tomato sauce.
7)Add the celery, I add probably 1 tbsp of butter, the put the sliced bell pepper( yummy I love it) It also make every dishes with distinct aroma. Cover simmer for 2-3 minutes and your done.



Oystered-Shrimp Veggies



After tasting it.. I was like.. Did I cook this one? It really taste great.. its a veggie dish with a kick! I'll do it next time that's for sure. I bet kids will love it. The ingridients mixed well and its one hell of a veggie dish, now I look differently towards the dumb and boring carrots and potatoes.

Joyce ask for the recipe and she obviously likes it.

Cooking for me is like an adventure, I always want something different. Everday lots of dishes are being born and lets not limit ourselves of with whatever we usually eat or drink.

BON APPETIT

No comments: