Friday, July 18, 2008

ONE FINE DAY

I stayed in Manila for almost a week, I miss manila so much.. so I went to our old hang outs which usually are in the malls. I went to Megamall, Robinsons Galleria, Shangrila, Glorietta, Greenbelt and Greenhills. My first day, I had my lunch at YOSHINOYA in Megamall since its just a walk from my hotel, then I went to Shangrila. I was still feeling drowsy so I went back to my hotel room and sleep the rest of the day, nightime I went to our house in QC. After a few hours, I went back to my hotel.

After a week in Manila, I went to my hometown.
Since I was alone, I just busy myself shooting.
Check the pics.

Really one fine day



A Fishing vessel


Small Ferry





The BADYAO


Badjao are minorities from southern part of the Philippines, however they migrated to neigboring islands in the early nineties. Badjaos are good divers since they usually live near the sea and its their main source of income, even the 3 year old badjao can dive. As soon as the ferry or the ship docks on the pier.. these badjao kids paddled their small boat near the ferry and beg for some coins.. If you have extra coins in you pockets, throw it on the water near their boat and they will dive for it. Amazingly, they get the coins 100% even the youngest kids.


I remember when I was stil a kid, during our travel from the province to manila. I usually beg for coins from my father so that I can throw them at the badjaos..


As soon as I saw them, I get my digital camera and took several pics, its not very clear since the glass reflected the light from the flash so I turned the flash off. The badjao gladly smile for me. I then searched my pocket for coins and found a handful of 5 and 10 peso coins. I throw them several 5 and 10's and they gladly dived it for me.




Next time you travel and just in case you encounter these indigenous people.. dont hesitate to throw some spare coins.. they might be life saving.

No comments: