Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Poem from a friend

I want to extend my condolences to the people of Kuwait on the death of their beloved Emir Shiekh Saad Abdullah Al- Sabah.

All of kuwait today are in mourning and all establishmesnts, offices, malls and government agencies are all close including our office. It means I'm just at home sleeping.. nope! quite not!
I cleaned my room, washed my clothes... mountain of them hehe! cook and sleep around 4pm, woke up around 6pm and I went to Sultan Center for my grocery.. thanks they're open!

I open my email and received a nice poem from a friend, It's a nice poem but its quite saintly if you know what I mean haha! Well, if all the people around the world practice just even half of the deeds in this poems.. then our world will be a lot more different. Peace Men!

Dunno the title


Out of everything I have ever done,
may one act of kindness
be enough light for someone else
bewildered in misery.


May I be medicine for the sick
and a balm for all who come
to be healed. In a time of famine,
may I forget my thirst and hunger
and offer all my food and drink.


May I be endless treasure
to the poor, within reach
whenever I am needed.
I do not mock or hate
those who mock or hate me;
may they always find what they seek,
may it deliver them to virtue.


May all who insult me awake
to the power and failure of words.
May I be protector
for those who are besieged,
a guide for all who travel
and are lost, a ship for all
who wish to cross water.


May I be an island for the shipwrecked
and a bonfire in the dark,
may I be a bed for the weary,
a nurse for the helpless and wounded.


May I be a jewel so magical
it fulfills all dreams, a charm
so powerful I will spread
a forest of plenty over the desolate.


Like space and all the elements
it holds, may I be fullness
in the empty, a scaffold
to support the living. Until I pass away
from this earth of sorrow,
may I guide them to the peace
that shines through the turmoil
of boundless space.


A blind man, finds a diamond in refuse;
such a man was I. Today my life
has borne fruit: may this moment be
tonic, ambrosia, a bridge
and a great sun. I invite the world
to be my guest, I wait
with my heart full of joy
for all who pass by

1 comment:

Ken said...

Thats Sad. but hey the poem is good. hehe. Nice to know someone like you here in the middle east are doing blogging. Keep doing great!