Friday, May 30, 2008

My Beta Splendens

Bought these two gorgeous fish last week.. they're cool and they're such a fantastic creatures. I choose the iridescent blue and the other one is a fiery red beta, by the way they come in different colors but I choose these two since they are of different contrast. The thing though is... you cannot put them together in one tank.. they will fight to the death. However, I made a solution regarding that problem, I put them together in one tank but I put a plastic divider between them. Its really nice watching them swim and taunt each other. I think they are little vain creatures and they are ultimate show-off, they also swim very gracefully but please dont be fooled by their elegance.. they are really mean and feisty! Usually they will follow each others moves and they will open their gills and grin at each other.. both looking for troubles!


The red one is much tamer, he ignored the bullying of the war freak blue beta. I like this one since he really loves posing for the camera.. he loves public attention really!




The blue beta.. oh he's such a trouble! he always taunt and bully the red beta, he open his gills and mouth so huge.. it really scares the hell outa the red beta!


More pics coming..



The shy.. blue beta!


No comments: