Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Masterpieces

Today is the 1st day of our new shift in the branch, unlike before, the new shift will be a straight shift.. Much better! I dont need to go home them come back again during the broken shift.

Arrived around 9:30pm and I turn on the tv.. I watched Oprah while I eat chocolate.. I also open my laptop and I check my emails, After Oprah I surf the cable and looks for movies then I found one.. Mona Liza Smile. It's about a bunch of young female students in the 50's and their Art professor played by Julia Roberts. Actually, Im not watching the movie seriously since I'm watching funny youtube videos, what caught my attention are the arts and paintings which are shown on the movie. I am inspired by it and I want to share my own Art. I got lots of paintings and I already gave most of them to my friends and some ex-girlfriends(Hopefully they did'nt set them afire when we broke up hehe) But I consider these three as my favorites.. They're kinda unique and I love the colors blend and they got personality. Hope you like it!



LOVE'S MAIZE

I made this one the year 2003 together with GOLGOTA. Oh! I loved that year.. was already finished college and I was just relaxing and waiting for my board exam.. After several tumultous years in college, I felt really relieved and relax. After I've finished my make-up duties with my 2 hospitals in April 2003.. got nothing left to do but malling, when I was tired of going to malls I just stayed at home and sleep all day. When I woke up after my afternoon nap.. That's the time I paint..

When I paint this masterpiece, I never had a thing in mind. I just stroke, brush and more brush then after some finishing touches.. I saw a great work of Art. When you'll look closely near the center of the painting there's is a red structure which resembles a Heart.. It's like a maize in which there's lot of turns and dead ends but still there's the posibilities of finding your way. I simply love this one.

The GOLGOTA


After I finished the LOVE'S MAIZE i got lots of media and I dont want to waste it so I got another piece of canvas and I just let my creativity do the job.. Then another masterpiece was born.

I titled this Golgota because there's lot of cross like figures... it's quite haunting for me.



CEASEFIRE

After I finished this one.. I did'nt like it at all. For me it's quite unsettling and haunting and wicked.. Probably I'm not in the good mood when I did this one. hehe! But If you can appreciate arts then you can see things the normal eyes cannot see.

One time I saw a pictures from Iraq about US soldiers who were ambushed by the rebels, One or two soldiers were hit by the enemy fire and their comrades comes back to help them.. unfortunately they were also hit by the enemy fire. Such a sad story, but the thing is that picture got some uncanny resemblance on my painting.. as you can see at the center of the painting are several yellow figures which looks like a human, they're close to each other and as if they're helping a wounded comrade in the picture.. Well that's my interpretations.




I need comments and feedbacks.. Thanks!

No comments: