Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hail, Rain and Sandstorm in Kuwait

I was in Marina Mall the other friday working overtime at the branch.. (Friday should be my day off) Since I dont have much to do so.. I said fine, but my laundry are getting taller and taller.. and it looks terrible hehe! Me and Joyce finished our overtime around 5:30pm, we headed to the foodcourt since I was really starving.. We ate Sambosa. Yummy!

Were about to leave the mall when we heard loud crashing noises on the glass roof above.. then people comes and goes in every directions. Actually we panicked a bit and we can't comprehend what was happening.. then Joyce bf called her and tell her that there's a violent sandstorm that just hit Kuwait. Outside, what we heard thumping on the glass roof are ice as big as a thumb, the roads are flooded and the sands covered the whole of Kuwait.

When I came home that night.. I said.. Thank God my room is still here! The problem is my cable..

Below are some of the pics from the local newspaper the following morning.


It's like some scene from some apocalyptic movies from Hollywood.. this pic reminds me of the movie The Mummy.

From the US BASE


Powerful lightning streak accross the arabian gulf


Beach goers run.... run... run! hehe!




Flooded street all over the city



It's raining ice...in the desert.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Thanks for voting for me on fuelmyblog! I a going to retun the favor. Just was wondering how you found me!