Wednesday, January 9, 2008

PLANING FOR A GRAND VACATION


There's a slogan in the Philippines of some sort in the 90's "Wag maging dayuhan sa sariling bansa" in english.. ''Dont be foreign in your own country" I think it's the campaign of the Department of Tourism that time. It roots from a common knowledge that Filipinos- though have lots of touristic destinations abound does'nt have the chance to experience it..and I am not an exception.Actually the farthest north I been to was in Baguio in 2002 and the farthest south I travelled was in Puerto Galera in 2006.

Me and my friends planned a hundred times or so to go on a vacation in Boracay
but it never happen... our different schedules and most of all...... our meager salaries didn't permit us. I feel like all of the world's population already been to Boracay.. its only me who doesnt.. It really sucks and I feel really dissapointed in myself.

In the Philippines, I got a nice job, I worked in a top Multinational Pharmaceutical Companies but still my salary was not enough to pay all the expenses for a major vacation. My salary all goes to the taxes(damned politicians), SSS, loans etc and what left goes to the monthy rentals, food and transportation, nothing is left for some luxury or a nice vacation.. such poor guy hehe! ....at least I wore longsleeve and a tie at work (looking presentable and professional) and one more thing my office was located in Makati hahaha! But seriously does it count?? I think I'll be much happier working with a blue collar job abroad than having a white collar in the Philippines without proper compensation.. Well its a different story.

Now I'm already 7 months here in Kuwait.. we're already qualified to have our leave. Im planning to have a vacation next summer....Philippines here I come! Oh boy! just thinking about the summer and the beach makes me wanna pack my things now.. Bora or Palawan? well it doesnt matter.

c you soon..


BORACAY



Boracay included among the TOP 10 BEACHES AROUND THE WORLD from Yahoo travel


1. Myrtle Beach ,South Carolina


2. Miami, Florida


3. Cancun, Mexico


4. Kaanapali, Hawaii


5. Honolulu, Hawaii


6. San Diego, California


7. Boracay Island, Philippines


8. Key West, Florida


9. Sydney, Australia


10. Santa Barbara, California



LINK TO THE SITE
http://www.boracay.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna go too - I'm freezing :)

(Do you have an RSS feed somewhere? I couldn't find it)

dailyphotographer said...

Nice site and nice pics, I have never been to Bora myself, but I am planning to go to Bohol, they say they have nice beaches there too + the chocolate hills.

I just noticed your banner picture, it looks like the cover of Paulo Coelho's book the Fifth Mountain. I just thought it looked cool!

I'll link you up ok, you can check out my site
http://photographyperdiem.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Delightful photos on your site. Each of us can devise a list of personal, special places. Sites like Yahoo can act as a guide, but there's more to life than where other people go.

Sounds like you've been fortunate to travel a lot. The more we choose to feel gratitude for what we have, and what we've done, the more likely new kinds of abundance will bless our lives and we'll notice it. If a person chooses to focus on perceived lack, then a sense of poverty and wanting will be reinforced in what you see and experience. The choice is yours. Happy trails!